Blogging has recently gained much popularity in the internet world. Apart from the many benefits it has, there are many disadvantages of blogging. What is your purpose for blogging? Why do you blog? Is it for yourself, or for other people? Blogging means writing about things that matter to you and telling people what you think about those subjects. Voicing your opinion is important. Since the real purpose of blogging is lost today, blogging does not appeal to many.Other reasons are:
- Shortage of ideas: A blogger has to be innovative and write new posts. Lack of ideas and running out of topics leads to boredom for the reader and the writer. Because of this many blogs lose their originality.
- Earning potential: Blogging is not a very lucrative profession for some. Only few bloggers can actually recover their costs as a blogger.
- Spinning articles: Many bloggers try to rephrase and rewrite the same topic over and over again. It is necessary to either write something interesting or go home.
- Regular posting: Blogging has to be regular and continuous. Bloggers need to update their blog at least a couple of times a week.
- Unique looking blog: Your blog may resemble the thousands of other blogs on the Internet. What differentiates it from the rest? Many blogs lack a unique appearance, thus it does not stand out among the rest.
- Time consuming: Blogging can become addictive and eat up too much of your time. It can even get you into trouble in the real world. This is why blogging is not such a good idea after all.
- Addiction: Blogging can turn into an addiction. It can lure you into the world of social disinteraction and keep you aloof from physical and emotional contact with others.
- Public display of your feelings and emotions: Today, blogging is a very public display of diary keeping where individuals and companies type their innermost thoughts on public pages.
- Lack of facts and evidence: Many blogs also lack facts and evidence. They are based on purely personal opinions and thoughts, hence not backed up by factual evidence and support.